20 October 2016 / Blog
JDE Blog Series: JDE Enterprise 9.2: ERP as an Engine for Digital Transformation
If you are confused, skeptical, or simply need more information about Digital Transformation, you're in good company.
Key findings from "Are Businesses Really Digitally Transforming or Living in Digital Denial?" conducted in Q1 2016 by Loudhouse, concluded:
96% of organizations see Digital Transformation as important or critical, yet 62% say their organization is in denial about the transformation need.
86% say they have 2 years to make inroads before suffering financial or competitive consequences.
99% say the main driver for Digital Transformation is optimizing customer experiences and engagement.
The statistics above reveal the need to create and implement a digital strategy. By creating a digital roadmap, your organization will likely put itself on the path to innovation, as we know that disruptive technologies are innovation drivers.
This blog will demystify some misconceptions and describe both the potential and actual value “digitization” is beginning to deliver.
What is Digital Transformation?
The MIT Sloan Management Review and Deloitte Consulting 2015 digital business report calls Digital Transformation “the use of digital technology to radically improve the performance or reach of enterprises” and explains: “maturing digital businesses are focused on integrating digital technologies, such as social, mobile, analytics and cloud, in the service of transforming how their unique businesses work.”Conclusion: Digital Transformation has vastly different meanings for different organizations. Each must find its own path.
Digital Transformation is entering an accelerated growth phase, powered by the proliferation of mobile devices and social media, the rise of the Internet of Things, Big Data analytics, and the availability of scalable cloud computing resources on a pay-as-you-go basis.The sheer volume and power of Big Data, analytics, omni-channel business, and operational flexibility are enabling a new wave of innovation from the inside out. Since most enterprise ERP systems comprise and control your company’s core business applications, ERP is ideally positioned to transform the way you do business across your enterprise.
The Benefit of Aligning Digital Transformation with ERP — The adoption of more efficient and user-friendly ERP functionality increases business competitiveness by enhancing operational efficiency, productivity, and collaboration, while positively impacting customer experiences. Furthermore, these technologies enable faster, more accurate management decisions, reduce response time to market changes, decrease transaction costs and improve resource utilization.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 - Transformation for the Digital Economy
The newest release of JD Edwards aims to meet these lofty expectations on multiple fronts by highlighting functionality around agility, mobility, data portability and Internet of Things. Add to that a 12C in-memory database and you can access as much data as you need, on-demand, anywhere, for:
- Improved customer experience — Preventive maintenance, system safety, remote diagnostics, and asset management can be optimized using accurate, real-time data.
- Optimization of business processes/improved operational efficiency — Reduction of the human factor in data collection improves facilities management, safety and security, resource utilization, and maintenance.
- Real-time visibility into equipment condition with IoT reduces the risk of collateral damage and downtime — Early identification of trends towards out-of-tolerance conditions triggers appropriate corrective actions to prevent failure; no delay between problem identification and resolution.
- Making machines intelligent — Getting machines to talk to each other and connecting devices to JD Edwards without third-party dependency enables faster, easier and more accurate data retrieval.
- Real-time data, advanced analytics, and better awareness of trends produce additional up-sell/cross-sell and emerging market opportunities. The combination of smart devices and other IoT technologies allow for high-velocity collection of field data that can be analyzed in real time.
JD Edwards 9.2 addresses the demands of the digital economy with innovative solutions facilitating SMART change (Strategic, Mobile, Architected for Real-Time):
- Pre-built Internet of Things Orchestrator: allows JDE customers to streamline and improve specific business processes avoiding manual data collection and costly disruptions. Data transmitted by the IoT devices are analyzed and converted into useful information via the pre-built out-of-the box available orchestrations or new custom ones that can be created to respond to specific business issues.
- EnterpriseOne Mobile Applications: with the Oracle Mobile Application Framework and the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Application Interface Services (AIS) Server, stakeholders can extend the existing available 80+ JD Edwards Mobile Applications or create new ones.
- User Defined Objects (Grid Formats, Queries, One View Reports, One View Watchlists, EnterpriseOne Pages, and the Composite Application Framework) do not require IT intervention for creation, deployment and management. Business users can now enhance their own user experience leveraging the new standardized process for User Defined Objects management.
Don't Simply Transform - Optimize Your ERP Systems with Velocity
Moving your ERP to the cloud offers business a more versatile, flexible architecture of services that can be mixed, matched, scaled and integrated with the latest analytic technologies. To take your ERP to the next level, ask Velocity how a cloud-based solution can give your workforce, suppliers, production line, customers and systems the mobility and access to operations and processes they need to perform optimally, anywhere, anytime.
Velocity Gets You to the 9's for SMART Digital Transformation
Start your transformation roadmap today to take advantage of the 100s of new applications, user-friendly tools, smart analytics and reporting improvements available in the most recent releases of your JD Edwards applications.
1st Third-party Provider to host JD Edwards World and EnterpriseOne
- Any cloud flexibility. Choose our virtual private cloud optimized for JD Edwards; public cloud via our VCAMP cloud management platform; or a hybrid strategy that matches your needs.
- Milestone gates built into the solution architecture keep your project on budget and on target.
- Predictable, fixed monthly fee for the upgrade, including Hosting and Managed services.
- Largest provider for JD Edwards hosting, with over 100 customers hosted.
Accelerate your cloud journey
Moving JD Edwards applications to the cloud with Velocity makes your company even more agile and competitive by adding a predictable cost model, lowering risk with managed disaster recovery, and delivering consistently superior service
With Velocity, your JD Edwards Application is Covered
- End-to-end JD Edwards service team can handle all JDE upgrade and implementation requirements.
- Business process expertise to ensure your JD Edwards solution is designed according to industry best practices.
- Global team of IT infrastructure and CNC administrator resources trained in JD Edwards.
- “Follow the sun” global technical and functional support for JD Edwards World and EnterpriseOne software.
Ready To Take Advantage of The Simplified Upgrade Process?
For more information about any of the JDE and Velocity Upgrade services described in this article, please contact us at 888.430.9252 or submit this form.
© 2016 Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.